April 3, 2011

Field of Flowers

Not far from my house in a unattractive neighborhood is a little field.  I didn’t notice it before until a few weeks ago when it was covered in pink flowers.  Every time I drove by I wished I had my camera.  I finally remembered last week before all the flowers were spent.  As I walked into the flowers I caught a sweet smelling breeze from the groups of little purple flowers.  I love that!

I enjoyed watching all the bees going from one flower to another.  Their legs and bodies were laden with pollen. It looked like it was hard for them to get around.  I started thinking the process of bees pollinating flowers and trees and what an amazing and important part of nature it is.  We need the bees.  I'm sorry I stepped on the big fat bumble bee and killed it when I was a little girl.

4 comments:

  1. These turned out beautiful. What kind of camera are you using? My favorite picture was the last one. I love the way the light falls in the back ground, beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have discovered something that brings you so much joy. I think this blog will become an escape for me. Reading your profile made me remember back to when you had recently come back from Colorado and you walked out of the chapel upset because the speaker was talking about trees and you missed the beautiful forest of the Rocky Mountains so much. At the time I thought it was funny you were crying about trees, but looking back, I think it shows what a sweet natured person you are and how you truly appreciate Gods creations.
    Glad you started this blog. :)love u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your idea for this blog. Those flowers are so pretty. It's neat you got some pictures with the bees--it reminds me of the plant videos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely pictures. I really, really like the flower with the bee. Good job, Wendy, capturing the beauty AND the activity going on around those flowers.

    I found a poem in the Reader's Digest that I just love that fits right in with spring:

    APRIL

    In the pastel blur
    of the garden
    the cherry
    and redbud

    shake rain
    from their delicate
    shoulders, as petals
    of pink

    dogwood
    wash down the ditches
    in dreamlike
    rivers of color.
    by Linda Pastan

    Such a lovely mental image that creates. It goes with your lovely flower photographs! (P.S. I also love the beautiful flower in the upper right hand corner wearing turquoise. Great picture of you!) ♥

    ReplyDelete