August 27, 2011

Finally

So, I think I set myself up for failure by calling this blog, Capturing Beauty.  I seem to take mostly bug pictures and the bugs I get are kind of creepy looking.  I haven’t forgotten about this blog, but I feel a little guilty posting bug pictures after the dead frog pictures that Holly is sick of looking at.   :)  Oh well.  Here are the pictures from this summer….

IMG_9194
IMG_9051
IMG_8939
See the small bug right in the center of this flower!

IMG_9208
IMG_9241

IMG_9215
The last three pictures are flowers from the field behind my house.
We bought a new camera last month.  I can’t wait to take it out for an afternoon and take macro shots with it.  Maybe after we get rain and plants start growing again.

4 comments:

  1. I like the bug pictures too! They are so interesting, and I like the colors you can see. One bug has bright blue eyes, and that beetle has yellow fur by it's head. How strange. Of course, the flowers are very beautiful. The 2nd to last flower (pink) looks like a sea creature of some kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are nice to see. I like the colors much better than the dead froggy colors. :) Fun.
    you could rename your blog, "capturing the dead and alive" hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty flowers in beautiful colors. I'm surprised they're able to grow with that horrid heat and no rain! Yeah, I like seeing the color versus the gray dead stuff. : ) The bugs are OK, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the bug pictures are cool, but actually the spider picture really made me cringe. Eeewu, I hate spiders! I think I'm scarred for life from all the spiders downstairs at Brewster Place.

    ReplyDelete